Friday, October 3, 2008

1 month down....2 billion to go


...it's 10:53pm on a Saturday night and for the first time in 5 and weeks I am not spending my entire evening (meaning 5pm to 12am) a baby who can only be described in these moments as demonic....

Okay, so my original intention of posting updates on my adorable little angle on a weekly basis didn't quite work out. Having a baby is hard, no...you don't get the intensity in which I am typing this, it is really, really, really hard, as in the hardest thing I have ever done, and considering I grew up in a nice suburban home with a pretty easy life in a pretty well off household with lots of friends and close family...you can take my scale of what is hard as you will.

Sofia da Silva McMillan was born 1:58am, weighing in at 8lb 2oz ( I feel like I'm introducing a WWF wrestler). Now that she is here and is the love of my life, yadda, yadda, yadda, I could be like all those other moms and tell you that you forget the pain of childbirth the second you see the little angle...but instead how about I remain true to myself and not BULLSHIT you, it HURTS, and you DON"T FORGET. Those women who tell you it's easy and wonderful are lying, they just want to make sure you go and have a baby too so they have someone to call in the middle of the day when their "little angle" is screaming and bitch to. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret it, I just wish it had been easier. If you are interested in the all the horrific details (think Texas Chainsaw Massacre meets Aliens) feel free to email me personally, let's just say at one point I had 5  IV bags attached to me simultaneously, the maximum epidural dosage they would give, but still felt pain...and it all lasted 16 hours, only to end with me waiting 45 minutes, prepped, without painkillers, strapped to an operating room table...not quite what I signed up for.

So in my attempts to make up for the lack of postings in Month 1 here is a quick recap:

WEEK 1 - I was in pain, Baby cried, I cried, Baby ate, I cried, Baby pooped, the Husband changed her, I cried, Baby ate, I cried, Baby pooped, my mom changed her, I cried...REPEAT.

WEEK 2 - Husband went back to work, I cried (A LOT), my mom went back home, I cried (A LOT) Baby cried, I cried, Baby ate, Baby pooped, I changed her, I cried...REPEAT.

WEEK 3 - I went for a walk outside, I cried, Baby cried ( A LOT), I cried, Baby ate (A LOT, and it hurt), Baby pooped, I changed her...REPEAT.

WEEK 4 - I went to the mall, Baby cried, baby ate, baby pooped, I changed her, I cried (only a little)...REPEAT


Goals for next month:
-lose 200lbs
-not let Sofia figure out that her dad and I are terrified of her;)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

What do you mean no modelling career? The second photo (avant garde shirt pose) has Vogue cover written all over it.